Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Remembrance

These past few days my thoughts have been wandering to my past. I've thought a lot about the people that have come into my life, some have stayed while others have faded from my view. Someone once told me...'people come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.' I'm thankful for all those who have touch my life in some way or another. Some knowingly have left their footprints on my heart, others have no idea the impact they have made. It continually amazes me how God places just the right person in your life at just the right time. He knows the effect that one person could have on your life...for good or for bad, your encounter with that person has changed you in some way.

So, these past few days I've been remembering all those God-given gifts that have touched my life. I've learned a lot and I've changed a lot. I hope that I have made some impact on the lives of the people that God has placed before me. One thing that my reflections have taught me is to strive to make an impact, but not any impact, one that truly matters...one that points them to Christ. I want to be a light, not a dim light on the verge of burning out, but a bright, luminous light that blinds anyone who looks into it.

Lord, help me to show the people that you place in my life, the saving knowledge of your love and grace. I want to be what I'm called to be, a light to this world. A light of your hope, and love. Thank you for the relationships that you have placed in my life, help me to fulfill your reason in placing them there. Lord, forgive me when I fail to reach the people you want me to.

So, my question is this. What impact are you having on the people God places in your life?
I've thought about the happy times that I've had with my family. Times that are forever encapsulated in my mind, were they will always be preserved.

"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."
-Matthew 5:14-16

1 comment:

  1. Nicole,
    This brings to mind a dvd I just saw titled, "The 5 People I Met On My Way to Heaven." It shows that only a brief moment in time, one small kindness, could change and impact so many peoples lives without us even being aware of it. Your light is already shining brighter and given me hope that mine will also. It amazes me how close you are to God and makes me want that by reading your words of strength. Thanks once again for sharing with me. I love you both so much, Melinda

    ReplyDelete